Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant’s main activities must include film production. The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their respective sector of activities;
- The applicant must demonstrate good financial standing and relevant experience to produce the project outlined in the application;
- The application for funding must be jointly submitted by the producer and the distributor. The producer must have produced at least two (2) feature films. The distributor must be recognized by Telefilm Canada.
- For financing the production of an animated film, the application must be jointly submitted by the producer and the distributor who holds the distribution rights for the film outside Quebec and/or for the Quebec market.
The applicant must obligatorily:
- have found a minimum of 90% of its financing budget and, preferably, have some financial support from SODEC and/or TELEFILM;
- have completed at least 75% of filming if the project has never been previously submitted to the Quebecor Fund and provide a copy of a first film edit;
The project must include the following:
- the production of a French-language Canadian feature film with an issued distribution licence and a broadcasting licence by a CRTC-recognized French-language Canadian PU;
- an interactive marketing plan;
- a production budget over $1,500,000.
The application must be submitted:
- during the development or pre-production stage and before signing any formal agreements with institutions such as SODEC or TELEFILM Canada;
- during production, when filming is 75% or more completed.
Interactive Marketing Assistance
Besides encouraging revenue from ticket sales (box office), the program promotes marketing strategies that support initiatives encouraging the visibility of a feature film after its theatrical release (e.g. for the promotion of video on demand) or film promotion in foreign markets (e.g. an independent ‘the making of’ production).