Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have legal status in Quebec, be Quebec-controlled, and be headquartered in Quebec;
- The applicant’s main activity must be the production of audiovisual programming;
- The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their sector of activities.
Project Eligibility Criteria Projects must include the following aspects:
- The production of quality content programs for television in French, English and/or Aboriginal languages, broadcast by a CRTC-recognized Canadian PU;
- The applicant must file a project whose first production date is later than the deadline for filing the request;
- The adaptation of a television series as a format or the development of Canadian television formats or concepts from an original idea;
- The project must be in development for foreign markets;
- The project must be in development and must have received financial commitment for development for foreign markets from a recognized Canadian French-language broadcaster.
Financial Contribution and Recovery Terms
- The maximum contribution for each project is $300,000;
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution will not exceed 75% of the direct cost for creating or adapting a format/concept intended for international markets.
- Producers’ fees and all traditional development costs for the national market, and which are covered by other government funding programs, are excluded from expenses.
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution, as an investment, is fully refundable on the first of the following: on the first day of filming up to 100% and/or from profit generated outside of Quebec through the project, in shared profits, in compliance with the recovery terms on a “pari passu” basis.
Application Filing Deadlines Electronic applications only: the first business day following October 1st and April 1st each calendar year at 5:00 PM.