Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant’s main activity must be the production of audiovisual programming;
- The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their sector of activities.
Project Eligibility Criteria
Projects must include the following aspects:
- The production of quality content programs for television in French, English and/or Aboriginal languages, broadcast by a CRTC-recognized Canadian PU;
- The applicant must file a project whose first production date is later than the deadline for filing the request;
- The adaptation of a television series as a format or the development of Canadian television formats or concepts from an original idea;
- The project must be in development for foreign markets;
- The project must be in development and must have received financial commitment for development for foreign markets from a recognized Canadian French-language broadcaster.
Financial Contribution and Recovery Terms
- The maximum contribution for each project is $300,000;
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution will not exceed 75% of the direct costs for adapting or developing the television format/concept. Direct costs are expenses related to the content and/or the production of a pilot;
- Producers’ fees are excluded from expenses;
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution, as an investment, is refundable up to 100% on the first day of filming or on the format’s sale date, as appropriate. Recovery terms are specific to each project.
Application Filing Deadlines
Electronic applications only: the first business day following October 1 and April 1 each calendar year at 5:00 PM, unless otherwise specified on the website.