Intended for International Markets Support
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have legal status in Quebec, be Quebec-controlled, and be headquartered in Quebec;
- The applicant’s main activity must be audiovisual production. The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their sector of activities, including the exportation of intellectual property;
- The applicant must demonstrate good financial standing and relevant experience to produce the project outlined in the application;
Project Eligibility Criteria
Projects must include the following aspects:
- The applicant must file a project of fictional television series whose first broadcast date is later than the deadline for filing the application;
- The applicant must have fully completed its financial structure for the domestic market;
- The project must comprise the production of high-quality live-action fictional television series or documentary series for the international market;
- The applicant must be able to show investment growth for both the producer and the French-language television broadcaster that goes beyond their financial structure for the domestic market.
The Quebecor Fund will consider the following elements as favourable selecting projects in which to invest:
- The project shows a commercial potential outside Quebec;
- The project demonstrates the applicant’s willingness to take risks and their entrepreneurial spirit;
- Financial support from an international distributor could lead to additional investment, on a case-by-case basis.
Financial Contribution and Recovery Terms
- Regarding the production of live-action fictional television series, the maximum investment from the Quebecor Fund for each eligible project will be $300,000 for the applicant’s entry into international markets. It will not exceed 6% of the planned financing package for the domestic market. Furthermore, the investment will not exceed 75% of the agreed-to investment growth from the producer and broadcaster, but excluding tax credits.
- Regarding the production of documentary series, the maximum investment from will be $300,000 for the applicant’s entry into international markets. The planned financing package for the domestic market must be at least $750,000 and investment from the Quebecor Fund will not exceed 20% of the planned financing package for the domestic market.
- Furthermore, investments from the Quebecor Fund for the Production of Intellectual Property component will not exceed 75% of the agreed-to investment growth for the applicant’s entry into international markets, including additional participations from the producer and broadcaster, but excluding tax credits.
- Investments obtained through the program are entirely refundable. Once the investment has been repaid, the Quebecor Fund will share in profits generated from the exploitation of the project, in compliance with the recovery terms on a “pari passu” basis with all partners.
Application Filing Deadlines
Electronic applications only: the first business day following October 1 and April 1 each calendar year at 5:00 PM, unless otherwise specified on the website.