Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Both the producer and the distributor must submit the application;
- The applicant’s main activities must include film production. The producer must have previously produced at least two (2) feature films;
- The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their sector of activities;
- The distributor must be recognized by Telefilm Canada.
Project Eligibility Criteria
The project must include the following aspects:
- The production of a French-language Canadian feature film with an issued distribution licence and a broadcasting licence by a CRTC-recognized French-language Canadian PU;
- An interactive marketing plan;
- A production budget of over $1,500,000;
The applicant must have:
- found a minimum of 90% of its financing budget and, preferably, have some financial support from SODEC and/or TELEFILM;
- completed at least 75% of filming if the project has never been previously submitted to the Quebecor Fund and provide a copy of a first film edit;
The application must be submitted:
- during the development or pre-production stage and before signing any formal agreements with institutions such as SODEC or TELEFILM Canada;
- during production, when filming is 75% or more completed.
- The financial contribution is refundable and is divided into two elements;
- The contribution can reach a maximum of $200,000 or 10% of the production budget and constitutes a supplement to the guaranteed minimum. The distributor may deduct up to 5% of this amount as administration costs;
- An additional contribution of up to $40,000 will be paid for an interactive marketing strategy, subject to the distributor’s contribution of an equal amount.
- The contribution will be paid directly to the distributor. The distributor will pay the producer, in whole or in part, the amounts due to him by the first day of filming.
Application Filing Deadlines
Electronic application deadline dates for the Film Production Assistance Program are usually towards the end of January and end of May/beginning of June of each year. Please periodically check our website for future applications.