- La Voix Télévision Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Benoît Clermont, Stéphane Laporte & Chantal Lépine
- 9 X 90 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production : La Voix Télévision / TVA Interactif
- Producer’s website : www.productionsdeferlantes.com
- Program’s website : lavoixjunior.ca
After four seasons of the Québec version La Voix for contestants aged 15 and over, the popular variety series is back with an offshoot for kids. La Voix junior is a reality TV contest in which talented young singers aged 7 to 14 are coached by well-known recording artists as they vie for the prize. Charles Lafortune does the hosting duties, backed up by Maripier Morin, and the coaches are Marie-Mai, Marc Dupré and Alex Nevsky.
The site has a two distinct sections: one with a more classic look, while the second one has a more youthful, hip and energetic look. An live interactive feature also allows viewers to vote for their favourite team.
- TVA Productions Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Dominique Joly
- 28 X 30 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production : TVA Interactif
- Producer’s website : tva.canoe.ca
- Program’s website : tva.canoe.ca/emissions/vlog
The Vlog team scours the Web weekly for the viral content that is creating a buzz around the world and shares it with the show’s million weekly viewers.
Every Sunday, they bring viewers the most amazing videos on the Web as well as original satires of some of them, tinged with Québec humour. The responsive website and its mobile version feature new videos that visitors can comment on and share on social media.
- District 31 Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Fabienne Larouche & Michel Trudeau
- 120 X 30 minutes / Société Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production : Aetios Web Inc.
- Producer’s website : www.aetiosproductions.com
- Program’s website : ici.radio-canada.ca/district31
Every week, District 31 presents a new crime story and police investigation. It provides a compelling picture of a typical Montréal neighbourhood and a lucid look at the criminal world and its impact on the community. The show follows the daily lives of a team of dedicated investigators, led by Detective Sergeants Nadine Meilleur and Patrick Bissonnette.
Its website is modelled after a police dispatcher’s interface. Visitors can sort and consult more than 1,500 items in various formats, depending on their interests. The project creates a daily feedback loop between the on-air show, the digital content and the world of policing.
- Productions GFP (VII) Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Guy Villeneuve & Michel St-Cyr
- 23 x 60 minutes, 1 x 90 minute and 2 x ‘previously unseen’ x 60 minutes / Société Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production : Productions GFP (VII) Inc.
- Producer’s website : www.fairplayweb.com
- Program’s website : enfantsdelatele.radio-canada.ca
Les Enfants de la télé is a family party, a weekly get-together in which the co-hosts invite a wide variety of personalities and the audience to celebrate 60 years of television history through archives, commercials and reports, deftly served up with a healthy dose of humour.
In season 7, in addition to providing a simultaneous interactive experience, the show’s website moves into new territory with a mini webseries, pop-up messages, flashbacks to laughs and highlights from the past, and an expanded presence on social media. The digital ecosystem can be accessed on all devices.
- Télévision Illimitée Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Benoît Clermont and Jean-Pierre Marcotte
- 10 x 60 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production : Télévision Illimitée Inc / TVA Interactif
- Producer’s website : www.productionsdeferlantes.com
- Program’s website : tva.canoe.ca/emissions/lareleve
La Relève is the first cooking competition for children aged 10 to 14 in Québec. Under the guidance of high-profile chefs Chuck Hughes and Hakim Chajar, 20 kids divided into two teams compete to be Québec’s next celebrity chef.
The audience can vote on the site during the broadcast, access exclusive content and interact on the show’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, while the show’s You Tube channel will offer up thematically-themed content.
- Zone 3
- Name of producer(s) : Brigitte Lemonde
- 11 x 60 minutes / Télé-Québec
- Interactive components production : Geneviève Provost
- Producer’s website : www.zone3.ca
- Program’s website : distasio.telequebec.tv
A series of eleven 60-minute themed episodes, di Stasio leads viewers on Josée’s personally-crafted tour of discovery, meeting individuals who have mastered the art of good living and fine dining.
The show’s new digital platform marks the return of Quebec’s most popular foodie by proposing a completely revamped experience. Visitors will also be offered a new magazine format focused on lifestyle and cooking, supported by 1,600 legacy recipes.
- Productions Pixcom Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Mario Clément (TV component) and Nadine Dufour (digital component)
- 5 x 60 minutes / Historia (Corus)
- Interactive components production : Productions Pixcom Inc.
- Producer’s website : www.pixcom.com
- Program’s website : beliveau.historiatv.com
From 1950 to 1971, Jean Béliveau was one of the hockey greats of his era. This series tells the story of a gentleman, company man, businessman, gentle giant, captain, star, husband and father that was also an integral part of the Montréal-Québec City rivalry. It traces his life from his controversial transition from Québec Aces to the Montréal Canadiens.
On the Internet, the webdocumentary Béliveau : un homme et son époque will feature interviews with hockey experts, sociologists, anthropologists, hockey players as well as Béliveau’s friends and relatives. Their accounts are accompanied by a wealth of video excerpts, archival images, recent and older articles, and explanatory texts.
- Attraction Images Productions Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Martin Métivier (TV component) and Micho Marquis-Rose (NM component)
- 14 x 60 minutes / ICI Radio-canada et ARTV
- Interactive components production : Attraction Images Productions Inc.
- Producer’s website : www.attractionimages.ca
- Program’s website : ici.radio-canada.ca/tele/les-dieux-de-la-danse
During this 13-week dance contest, 16 pairs of celebrity dancers show off their best moves, performing before a panel of dance professionals who evaluate their technique and artistry. Each week, one couple is eliminated and the others go on towards the grand finale, in which the top four pairs will face off.
The digital component captures the palpable emotion of the live show and shares it with the online community. This year, it includes a new emotion-packed cross-platform interactive experience and a vast selection of exclusive shareable content on a completely revamped website.
- 9223-3287 Québec Inc (Wabanok)
- Name of producer(s) : Michèle Rouleau and Geneviève Lévesque
- 13 x 30 minutes / APTN
- Interactive components production : 9223-3287 Québec Inc. (Wabanok) / Entreprise de service AKUFEN
- Program’s website : Méchant trip!
Méchant trip! is a 13-episode series for teens. Each 30-minute episode revolves around an improbable encounter between an Aboriginal youth and a celebrity, orchestrated by the ever-genial Brad Gros-Louis. The young person arrives in Montréal and the adventure begins: he or she will experience an extraordinary day of thrills, friendship, laughter and discovery.
Méchant trip! is also an ecosystem with a digital dimension that offers exclusive, informative multimedia content about the series and the episodes, creates an event around each episode’s first airing, and reaches broader audiences to build bridges between Aboriginals and non-Aboriginals by creating a vibrant community.
- Les Productions Bazzo Bazzo Inc
- Name of producer(s) : Marie-France Bazzo and Mylène Ferron
- 1 x 90 minutes / Télé-Québec
- Interactive components production :
- Producer’s website : productionsbazzobazzo.tv
- Program’s website: bazzo.tv.telequebec.tv
Télé-Québec finally has its own festive year-end review: Une Spéciale BazzoTV – Revue de l’année 2016! The year-end talk-show that will air in December 2016 will include lively discussion among veteran commentators of varying points of view. They will cover the events of the year with both rigor and humour.
The Bazzo brand is also present on digital media with an innovative integrated multiplatform strategy for reaching French-speakers everywhere. The responsive website and app also give all users access to the content of BazzoMAG, which remains in production.
- DATSIT Studios QUINZE Inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Sylvie Tremblay
- 23 x 60 minutes / Télé-Québec
- Interactive components production : Sylvie Tremblay
- Producer’s website : www.datsit.tv
- Program’s website : www.genial.telequebec.tv
Hosted by Stéphane Bellavance and Martin Carli, Génial! investigates scientific topics through fun, original and sometimes dramatic experiments.
Building on its success in Season 6, the Simulateur Génial! is back this year and will be installed in three more public places, in an improved and enhanced form. A detailed case study will also be produced and presented internationally.