- Unité 9 III inc. (Aetios Productions inc.)
- Producers: Fabienne Larouche and Michel Trudeau
- 28 X 60 minutes / Société Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production: Aetios Web inc./ Productions Version 10 inc.
- Producer’s website: www.aetiosproductions.com
- Program’s website: www.radio-canada.ca/unite9
In the third season of Unité 9, scriptwriter Danielle Trottier continues the story of Marie Lamontagne’s experiences in jail. Marie is still struggling with her terrible secret. Her world behind bars is transformed with the arrival of troubling new inmates. Violence is mounting at the Lietteville penitentiary.
Building on the show’s success on TV and online, an enhanced digital component will expand the digital experience and add a new element to pique fan interest: a webdocumentary on the family and the prison, made by documentary filmmaker Hélène Choquette.
- Productions L’Été indien inc.
- Producers: Julie Snyder, Marianik Giffard, Benoit Clermont and Marie-Ève Dallaire
- 4 X 90 minutes / Canadian broadcaster: TVA – International broadcasters: France 2 (including TV5 Monde)
- Interactive components production: TVA Interactif, Productions L’été indien inc./ Sam De Champlain from Bourrasque inc.
- Producer’s website: www.productionsj.com
- Program’s website: tva.canoe.ca/emissions/eteindien
L’Été indien is a variety / talk show featuring the biggest stars in the French-speaking world performing in some of Québec’s most beautiful settings.
L’Été indien is complemented by a full array of digital supports: a website, an exciting contest and a Facebook page that enriches viewers’ experience with exclusive bonus content, promotes engagement with the show and encourages comments from users.
- Slalom Productions inc. and Groupe Fair-Play inc.
- Producers: Marie-Pierre Gariépy and Michel St-Cyr
- 6 X 60 minutes / TFO, Télé-Québec and Canal Savoir
- Interactive components production: 8766118 Canada Inc. and 124589 Canada Inc./ Turbulent Média inc.
- Producer’s website: www.slalomprod.tv / www.fairplayweb.com
- Program’s website: www.revedechamplain.com
Le Rêve de Champlain, based on David Hackett Fischer’s history of Champlain, seeks to do justice to the spirit of the book and its subject. Hacker portrays Champlain as a humanist in pursuit of a dream: to become the founder of a better world. Le Rêve de Champlain isn’t just about exploring new lands and founding colonies; it is a string of adventures, discoveries, pitfalls, journeys and quests.
The interactive component draws users into the epic of Samuel de Champlain through an ambitious, decidedly modern approach that includes an online game for adults, an educational game for children, and a viral Facebook initiative.
- ToonDraw Animation Inc.
- Producers: Daniel Belleville and Guylaine Robidoux
- 78 x 5 min – 26 x 15 min. – 18 x 30 min. / Yoopa (Groupe TVA), Société Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production: Toboggan Studio (Judith Beauregard)
- Producer’s website: www.toondraw.ca – www.tobogganstudio.com
- Program’s website: www.yayaetzouk.com
YaYa et Zouk is a series that takes preschoolers on a journey into the realm of fantasy and imagination. It tells the story of big sister YaYa, an anthropomorphized chipmunk, and her quirky albino kid brother Zouk. YaYa, almost 6, is drawn into a series of adventures by the antics of 4-year-old Zouk, forcing her to summon up all her inventiveness. Objects and places become springboards for the imagination. Everyday situations are transformed into zany escapades.
The interactive component lets children aged 3 to 6 play an active role in the world of YaYa et Zouk.
- Productions 920 inc.
- Producers: Julie Snyder, Marianik Giffard, Marie-Ève Dallaire and Benoit Clermont
- 28 X 60 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production: TVA Interactif, Production 920 inc. / Sam De Champlain from Bourrasque inc.
- Producer’s website: www.productionsj.com
- Program’s website: tva.canoe.ca/emissions/vol920
Vol 920 is a new reality TV series in which 10 young women and 10 guys aged 21 to 35 backpack around the world in search of their soul mate. Our singles are keen on adventure and eager to see the world. Alone, in pairs or in a group, the globetrotters have to earn their plane tickets to the next destination by taking part in challenges that tie in with the local culture. Those who don’t have a ticket by the end of the week have to pack their bags and go home.
Viewers can follow the contestants’ adventures on online, mobile and social platforms and see behind-the-scenes content not shown on TV.
- Productions GFP inc. (Groupe Fair-Play)
- Producers: Guy Villeneuve and Michel St-Cyr (Executive Producer)
- 23 x 60 min., 1 x 90 min. and 2 x “Never seen” x 60 min. / Société Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production: Productions GFP Inc./ LVL Studios inc.
- Producer’s website: www.fairplayweb.com
- Program’s website: enfantsdelatele.radio-canada.ca
Les Enfants de la télé brings together all the people from different generations and different backgrounds who have made 60 years of television history in Québec – six decades of TV shows, news and commercials, leavened with a good dose of humour.
The series’ new interactive component will delight viewers: the website has been turned into a magazine packed with wide-ranging original video content, the 360º access experience will serve up more files synchronized with the TV broadcast, Facebook and Twitter interactions will be stepped up and the fun will be shared on Instagram.
- DATSIT Studios Onzes inc.
- Producer: Sylvie Tremblay
- 25 X 60 minutes / Télé-Québec
- Interactive components production: Sylvie Tremblay (DATSIT Studios) and Caroline Gaudette (Productions Version 10 inc.)
- Producer’s website: www.datsit.tv
- Program’s website: www.telequebec.tv/emissions/genial
Hosted by Stéphane Bellavance and Martin Carli, Génial! investigates scientific topics through fun, original, clever and sometimes dramatic experiments. Leaving the beaten path, Génial! will take viewers to the Montréal Insectarium and explore little-known scientific facets of the insect world.
For its fifth season, Génial! is seeking out Québec’s smartest families: Les Familles Génial, a multiplatform contest, will serve as an entertaining connecting thread running through the entire interactive component, while the Génial! à l’Insectarium app will take visitors on a virtual tour of the Insectarium.
- Les Productions les Aventuriers de la Pêche 5 inc.
- Producer: Cyril Chauquet
- 12 X 45 minutes / Canal Évasion (Groupe Serdy)
- Interactive components production: Phéromone / Design + Technologie
- Producer’s website: NA
- Program’s website: www.mordudelapeche.com et www.fishingadventurer.com
Mordu de la pêche follows Cyril Chauquet as he travels to the four corners of the earth, seeking out exotic species of fish and meeting colourful local fishers. The passion for sport fishing transcends cultural boundaries: for viewers who share Cyril’s excitement, it’s just like being there.
Audiences are plunged into a multiplatform around-the-world fishing experience through a convergent French- and English-language website and a second-screen app that complements the television show with bonus content during the broadcast and real-time interaction with the community.
- Productions GFP (III) inc. (Groupe Fair-Play)
- Producers: Guy Villeneuve, Michel St-Cyr and Mathieu Amadei
- 10 X 60 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production: Productions GFP (III) Inc.
- Producer’s website: www.fairplayweb.com
- Program’s website: tva.canoe.ca/emissions/surinvitationseulement/
Sur invitation seulement is an innovative, modern, new-style variety show. Each week, host Stéphane Rousseau invites four of his musical friends to perform in his home. The house band keeps the beat and backs up the headliners who drop by to belt it out for the audience. The four guests are divided into two teams which go head-to-head in friendly, off-beat games.
The digital component of Sur invitation seulement offers users exclusive backstage access with original texts, photos and videos produced by a dedicated Web team.
- Juste pour Rire TV inc.
- Producers: Martin Roy and Louis Philippe Rochon
- 12 X 30 min. et 1 X 60 min. Christmas Special / Société Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production: Production Version 10 inc.
- Producer’s website: www.solofilms.ca
- Program’s website: lespecheurs.radio-canada.ca
Welcome to Martin Petit’s cottage. Each week, the comic hosts two other comedians for a weekend of fishing in a bucolic setting.
The innovative, interactive digital component of Les Pêcheurs embraces the humour magazine Pêche & Pêche, a free app available in iTunes, and a new and improved website featuring quality content, including 26 exclusive videos, articles, tests and user-generated content.