- Glacialis Productions inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Jean Lemire
- Series with 3 x 1 hour episodes / SRC & Discovery and a series with 13 1.5 hour episodes / SRC, RDI & Discovery
- Interactive components production: Glacialis Productions and Turbulent Média
- Producer’s website: www.sedna.tv
- Program’s website: sedna.radio-canada.ca
Three years of adventures, stories, wondrous sights and observations about the state of the planet. A thousand days travelling sea and land to explore the extraordinary diversity of life and its fragile balance. The SEDNA IV schooner, a combination research vessel and floating studio, is equipped to broadcast live from anywhere on the planet.
Audiences will be able to follow the adventures of these latter-day explorers on the Internet, smartphones, tablet computers, at the office, at home and at school.
- Bye Bye RBO inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Jacques K. Primeau and from Echo Média : LucChâtelain, Céline Johnson and Lucie Marion
- 10 x 30 min. / SRC
- Interactive components production: Lucie Marion (Echo Média), Isabelle Sullivan (LVL Studio)
- Producer’s website: www.echomedia.tv
- Program’s website: rbo.radio-canada.ca
2011 marks the 30th anniversary of the formation of the enormously successful comedy ensemble Rock & Belles Oreilles (RBO), known for their parodies of mass media and lethal, unerring social satire. The TV series will go back in time to the ensemble’s heyday and let viewers relive the period through the lens of RBO’s take on the events of the day.
The interactive component will consist of a website and mobile apps that deliver a different way to experience the world of RBO.
- Productions Pixcom inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Jacquelin Bouchard, Sylvie Desrochers, Carole Dufour
- 8 x 60 min. / Discovery Channel Canada
- Interactive components production: Productions Pixcom inc.
- Producer’s website: www.pixcom.com
- Program’s website: www.dangerousflights.ca
A documentary series about the last individualists of the open skies, the pilots who transport small planes around the world. We follow them from the U.S. to Asia, from Europe to Australia, as they travel distances for which their craft were never designed.
The new media component includes a content-packed website inspired by the television series and a multiplatform interactive game in which players take the controls of a small craft and attempt to fly it from one content to another, overcoming a series of obstacles in order to reach their destination, God willing!
- Productions SA V inc.
- Name of producer(s) : : Julie Snyder, Marianik Giffard, Marie-Ève Dallaireet Benoît Clermont
- 10 X 60 min. Daily: 36 X 30 min. Variety: 10 X 90 min. / TVA
- Interactive components production: Productions SA V inc., GroupeTVA inc. (TVA Interactif) and Productions Les Affranchis inc.
- Producer’s website: www.productionsj.com
- Program’s website: www.staracademie.ca
On TV, Star Académie is a televised adventure in three acts: the auditions, the daily segments, and the galas featuring the selected contestants as well as big-name stars from Québec and abroad.
Meanwhile, the Star Académie Web and mobile sites, Android tablet app and ITV offerings let viewers participate in a genuinely “interactive” series. By voting for contestants at the auditions and galas, the television audience influences the course of the show. Backstage cameras let audiences follow the contestants at all times on the Internet.
- Vivaclic inc. (Vivavision)
- Name of producer(s) : Jean-Pierre Morin, Francine Forest, DominiqueGagné, Marie-Soleil St-Michel
- 120 X 30 min. / Télé-Québec
- Interactive components production: Jean-Pierre Morin, Francine Forest, Nicholas Vachon
- Producer’s website: www.vivavision.ca
- Program’s website: tactik.telequebec.tv
Tactik is a dramatic comedy featuring active, engaging kids who like action more than talk. Rose, Dalie, Mikaël, Samuel, Diego and Théo play on a co-ed soccer team under the guidance of Reda, a philosophical coach who knows that winning isn’t everything.
Tactik 4 offers kids a new, lively daily Web experience. Fans of the show will be able to watch it online, join a discussion forum moderated by a peppy host, and tackle challenges in the games section.
- Productions Casablanca inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Joanne Forgues, Marc Poulin
- 10 x 60 min. / SRC
- Interactive components production: Turbulent Média
- Producer’s website: productionscasablanca.com
- Program’s website: lesrescapes.radio-canada.ca
For season 2 of Les Rescapés, Gérald Boivin will take another trip through time, travelling back to 1980 for a season of surprising twists and turns. The Boivin family will have to fight still harder to stay together and united.
The website for season 2 breaks new ground with an original multiplatform experience that converges television, the Internet, ITV and music. The online content includes 10 interactive videos featuring Québec artists performing golden oldies and the new “Intrigue” interactive module.
- La Boîte à histoire inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Marie-France Bazzo, Julie Snyder, Mylène Ferronet Benoît Clermont
- 52 X 2 min. / Groupe TVA inc. (Chaîne conventionnelle et LCN)
- Interactive components production: La Boîte à Histoire inc., GroupeTVA inc. (TVA Interactif) and Productions Les Affranchis inc.
- Producer’s website: www.productionsj.com
- Program’s website: lequebecunehistoiredefamille.com
This series of 52 two-minute capsules tells the history of Québec through family histories.
The interactive component is central to the project as a whole. The website will focus on “family communities” and provide a virtual meeting place where visitors can find members of their extended families and share historical and genealogical information. The project’s mobile component will feature “history tours” that let users explore the past of certain neighbourhoods through family histories. There will also be an ITV interactive quiz linked to the series.
- Groupe Télé-Vision inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Sylvie Tremblay
- 25 x 60 min. / Télé-Québec
- Interactive components production: Productions Version 10 /Médiamatique (mobile) / Net Communications (TVi)
- Producer’s website: www.tele-vision.tv
- Program’s website: telequebec.tv/emissions/genial
A quiz show about science, hosted by the one-and-only Stéphane Bellavance. The world of science is explored through experiments that are sometimes elaborate, sometimes spectacular, always entertaining and original.
The multiplatform component (Web, mobile, ITV) lets audiences experience the excitement of science through fun interactive activities, enter Dr Carli’s laboratory, play a scientific quest game, access exclusive content, including an unprecedented “extreme” online experience, interact, and play Génial! in real time on the platform of their choice.
- ECP Nouveaux Médias inc.
- Name of producer(s) : Jean-Yves de Banville
- 13 x 24 min. / ARTV et TFO
- Interactive components production: ECP Nouveaux Médias
- Producer’s website: ecptelevision.com
- Program’s website: xpressiongraffiti.com
A captivating journey through the historical, artistic, social, cultural and geographic dimensions of graffiti. Artists and observers trace the development of the controversial movement, which attacks taboos and celebrates individualism while asking universal questions and making powerful statements.
The “Tag ta ville” online module provides a creative canvas where visitors can write their own graffiti and disseminate it through different media, just as the cityscape provides a canvas for a multitude of messages.
- Eurêka! Productions inc.
- Name of producer(s) : France Choquette et Jean Roy
- 8 X 52 min. / TV5
- Interactive components production: 9098-2158 Québec Inc. in collaboration with Absolunet and Net Communications
- Producer’s website: eureka-tv.com
- Program’s website: sexeautourdumonde.com
After its resounding multiplatform success in its first season, Le sexe autour du monde is back with eight new naughty episodes that go under the covers to explore sex in a cultural and ethnological context. The series is an inquisitive and intelligent investigation of the intersection between desire, pleasure and culture around the world.
This year, the multiplatform component will consist of eight new rooms containing 100 video capsules, quizzes, texts, a new Sexe populi section where visitors can express their opinions on the Web or using the new iPad and Android apps, and a series of Web documentaries shot in English Canada.