- Zone3-XII inc.
- Producer: André Lauzon
- Executive producers: André Larin, Vincent Leduc, Michel Bissonnette, Paul Dupont-Hébert
- 10 x 60 minutes / VRAK.TV
- New media producer: Vincent Turgeon
- Producer’s Website: www.zone3.ca
Phenomia is a documentary series broadcasted by VRAK TV, linked not only to its official Website but also to illico. A highly interactive experience for kids aged 9-12 years that marries the best of reality and originality. Phenomia is about the creative, artistic, and personal development of nine young amateur performers (12-17 years old), who have the opportunity to realize their dreams of working in the world of show business. Five girls and four boys, chosen from among thousands of contestants by TV viewers/Web surfers, receive intensive training as performers in an original rock opera created specifically for the series.
The Website and illico offer TV viewers and Web surfers alike a unique series of wild and wacky activities that stimulate critical and creative thinking. Every week, young viewers are invited to vote for one particular element of the rock opera via the Website, be it music, casting, sets or stage direction and more. They literally act as co-producers of the rock opera as it evolves.
- Productions Léa Pascal
- Producer: Léa Pascal
- 13 x 24 minutes / ARTV, TFO, SRC
- New media producer: Productions Léa Pascal
- Producer’s Website: www.leapascal.com
Jardins (Gardens) is a television series dedicated to garden artists. Each episode provides presentation of various garden styles created by landscape designers, public art in the gardens of Montreal and Ottawa as well as conversations with artists and artisans who present some of their creations relating to garden life.
The series’ Website contains additional information on the content of each episode, cultural references on garden styles, virtual tours of “trendy” gardens, etc. It also has a section for creating virtual 2D and 3D gardens on line.
- Cirrus Communications inc. (subsidiary of Productions Doku inc.)
- Producers: Jacques Blain, Josée Vallée
- 5 x 60 minutes / Radio-Canada, CBC
- New media producer: Nurun, Cirrus Communications inc.
- Associate producer: Guillaume Aniorté
Over time, we have embraced the idea that both sexes are not only equal but largely identical. That most of the differences between men and women, boys and girls, are simply cultural and can be swept away by enlightened legislation and the open-mindedness of all of us. But is this true? The War of the Sexes documentary series is an opportunity to explore and better understand the origins of certain sexual stereotypes. It is a wide-ranging investigation that combines the excitement of a “men versus women” challenge with the facts of a scientific investigation.
The Website and illico play an integral role, providing platforms of discovery and exchange. Spectators can literally get into the game through interactive challenges and an exchange of opinions and reactions. The site is also filled with specific information and references that will answer spectators’ questions and deepen their understanding of the subject.
- Decode Entertainment inc., The Kratt Brothers
- Producer: Dan Fill
- 13 x 30 minutes / National Geographic, CBC, Télé-Québec
- New media producer: Decode Entertainment
- Producer’s Website: www.decode-ent.com
- Program’s Website: www.BeTheCreature.tv
Be The Creature is a documentary series allowing viewers to have an intimate experience of an up close encounter with wild creatures in their natural habitats. This exciting educational series stars Martin & Chris Kratt.
Be The Creature Interactive is the ultimate extension of the television series. It consists of four key modules:
- An educational resource of information about the creatures visited in the television series;
- A sophisticated online game that allows users to take on the role of the creatures they have seen in the show and attempt to survive;
- A conservation resource;
- An interactive television application that allows viewers to access special feature and content while watching the program.
- Galafilm Productions Inc., Indie Kids Ltd.
- Producers: Arnie Gelbart, Ian Whitehead, Michael Haggiag, Dan Maddicott
- 3 x 60 minutes / CBC, BBC
- Interactive feature producer: Galafilm Productions Inc.
- Producer: Melissa Malkin
- Producer’s Website: www.Galafilm.com
Fungus the Bogeyman is one of the greatest anti-heroes ever created. A hard working Bogeyman, Fungus is dedicated to his noble calling of scaring the “DryCleaners” (or human beings as we would call them). However, Fungus has moments of existential angst, when he is afraid that he is losing his touch and wonders about the meaning of it all. But during the course of the series, Fungus rediscovers his purpose in life and, through the antics of his rebellious son comes to realize the importance of his family and of preserving the Bogey way of life.
The Fungus the Bogeyman Website and interactive television feature explore Bogeydom through games, Bogey poetry, and trivia questions. Players can create Bogey rhymes, squirt slime on fresh laundry, spray manure on the DryCleaners, and test their knowledge of the ways of the Bogey.
- Trinôme inc., Cinégroupe
- Producers: Jocelyne Allard, Pierre Blais, Jean Tourangeau, Pierre-Paul Larivière, Marie-Claude Beauchamp, Jacques Pettigrew, Sophie Roy
- 13 x 30 minutes / Télé-Québec, Space Channel
- New media producer: Trinôme inc.
- Executive producer: Pierre-Paul Larivière
- Exploitation and Associate producer: Guillaume Aniorté
- Director: François Veillette
- Producer’s Website: www.trinome.com
- Program’s Website: www.11somerset.com
11 Somerset is a series shot both in French and English. It features two teenagers confronted with strange phenomena who embark on adventures that are as thrilling as they are fascinating. Owing to the teenagers’ talent, inquisitiveness and sense of observation, these apparently surreal phenomena finally come to an unforeseen conclusion. While every enigma boasts scientific and technological explanations, it particularly showcases the unknown forces that surround us and which the protagonists must face!
Like our two heroes, the television viewers/net surfers will become experts of the unexplained by participating to a 13-module quest game on the 11 Somerset Website. Through different tableaux, whose visual and audio signature is akin to that of the television series, the public will investigate and uncover evidence to gather precise information. At the end of each game module, participants can draw their own conclusions and opt for an answer to resolve the enigma they are faced with.