• Zone3 (V) inc.
• Producer: Pierre Lawrence
• Executive producers: André Larin,
Vincent Leduc, Michel Bissonnette,
• 20 x 60 minutes / Historia
• Interactive Components producer: Vincent Turgeon
• Producer’s Website: www.zone3.ca
This series will tell the captivating story of the birth of New France. Television viewers will experience and relive the dreams and difficulties faced by our ancestors in the course of their daily lives in a harsh and challenging environment. The series will also present the genealogy of the principal characters profiled in each episode.
The Internet site will contain discussion forums as well as a section presenting a chronicle of daily life in the New France; a billboard and backgrounders on Quebec history and genealogy. Viewers and Web surfers will be encouraged to consult with our genealogy experts in order to better get acquainted with their own family history!
- The Hoobs Productions inc., Decode Entertainment inc., The Jim Henson Company inc.
- Executive producers: Steven Denure, Beth Stevenson, Angus Fletcher
- Convergence producers: Dan Fill Television, Historia, SCN, TFO
- 125 x 30 minutes / SRC, TVO, Channel 4
- Interactive Components producer: Decode Interactive
- Producer’s Website: www.decode-ent.com
- Site de l’émission: www.hoobsthegame.com
The Hoobs (Les Hoobs) is a fun and educational preschool series. Every episode is a mixture of puppetry, animation, and live-action involving children. The show covers all the prime curricular areas. It uses stories, songs, rhymes, role-playing, and experimentation to help children learn.
The Hoobs online, extends the television series by allowing visitors to discover, explore, and learn about the world through interactive activities. Each user will go on a personalized adventure. The goal is to have the Web experience further complement the television experience.
- Productions Léa Pascal Inc.
- Executive producer: Léa Pascal
- 13 x 30 minutes / ARTV
- Interactive Components producer: Productions Léa Pascal Inc.
- Producer’s Website: www.leapascal.com
This series of informative programs covers 13 themes on painting. Each episode presents a day in the life of an artist, the history of a painting, columns, and anecdotes. The series is targeted to both the general public and experts. The mandate of the series is to make viewers aware of current Canadian art.
Included in the interactive portion of the Website are a gallery and virtual auction, interviews via Web cam with artists mentioned on the program, suggestions for cultural itineraries and practical information in Real Video format.
- Productions Cité Amérique Inc.
- Producers: Greg Dummett, Luc Martineau.
- Executive producers: Louis Laverdière, Vivianne Morin, Lorraine Richard
- 26 x 15 minutes / Treehouse, APTN, VRAK
- Interactive Components producer: Productions Cité Amérique Inc.
- Producer’s Website: www.cite-amerique.com
- Program’s Website: www.wumpasworld.com
A 26 episode puppet series for preschoolers. Each episode aims to teach children about friendship, sense of community and courage, more specifically with characters from the Great North and the Inuit culture.
The Website and interactive TV will enable children to travel through more Great North realities. Using Vidéotron iTV, children will be able to visit the characters they love (GIF animated or Flash), look at different pictures and drawings, and answer questions that will be submitted to them.