- La Voix Télévision Inc.
- Producers: Benoît Clermont and Chantal Lépine
- 14 x 120 minutes and 26 x 30 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production: La Voix Télévision Inc and TVA Interactif Inc
- Program’s website: lavoix.ca
La Voix is set to take Québec’s living rooms by storm again starting in January 2016. As in years past, the four coaches will be seated in the iconic red armchairs with their backs to the contestants, who must try to win them over. In a new twist this year, the audience will vote to choose the winner in both the semi-finals and the final.
The fourth season of La Voix will boast a powerful interactive component. The show’s narrative line will be complemented by dynamic timelines that tell backstage stories, supported by a web space and a dedicated web team producing exclusive bonus content.
- Attraction Images Productions IV Inc.
- Producer: Martin Métivier
- 10 x 60 minutes / ICI Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production: Attraction Images Productions IV Inc
- Producer’s website: www.attractionimages.ca
- Program’s website: dragon.radio-canada.ca
Dans l’œil du dragon, the Québec adaptation of the international hit Dragon’s Den, is back for its fifth season. In each episode, five dragons from the world of business listen to pitches from a procession of aspiring entrepreneurs who present original ideas and use strategic wiles to convince the panel that their business is worth backing.
For 2016, the interactive component has been overhauled and turned into a game of strategy in which the player becomes the “6th dragon” and runs his own private investment firm, hiring a team of experts according to his resources and objectives and assigning them to his various companies.
- Productions Pixcom Inc.
- Producer: Nicola Merola
- 26 x 30 minutes / ICI Radio-Canada
- Interactive components production: Nadine Dufour
- Producer’s website: www.pixcom.com
- Program’s website: codemax.radio-canada.ca
Code Max is a giant virtual game board on which two teams of kids face off. Each team of 2 is on a mission to save the world by staving off outlandish catastrophes unleashed by the virtual character MAX.
The new season’s enhanced app features two new interactive games, 26 games that can be played simultaneously with the broadcast, and some 30 new standalone games. Visitors to the updated website will also find a new game containing a humorous video and several backstage videos.
- Cineflix Média Inc / Cineflix (Property Brothers 6) Inc.
- Producer: Cineflix (Property Brothers 6) Inc
- 52 x 60 minutes / W Network (Corus Media) and HGTV USA
- Interactive components production: Smartphone and Talet app
- Producer’s website: www.cineflix.com
- Program’s website: www.facebook.com/PropertyBrothers
In the Property Brothers series, hosts Drew and Jonathan help couples find and buy rundown houses and turn them into their dream homes, on schedule and within budget. The show is now entering its sixth season, having built a strong following on W Network and CASA in Canada and on HGTV in the US and internationally.
The practical and fun Property Brothers Digital Handbook app provides helpful information, advice and inspiration. Its rich functionalities deliver a complete interactive experience to users anywhere in the world.
- TVA Productions Inc
- Producer: Dominique Joly
- 165 x 30 minutes from January to December 2016 / TVA
- Interactive components production: TVA Productions Inc
- Producer’s website: groupetva.ca
- Program’s website: letricheur.ca
In the game show Le Tricheur, which airs on weekday evenings, five contestants vie to answer questions of general knowledge. It sounds like a run-of-the-mill quiz show but “le tricheur” (the cheater) throws a spanner into the works.
The mobile app lets viewers play along in real time and try to unmask the imposter. The website and app also provide background info on the celebrity contestants and the charities for which they are playing.
- Zone3-VII Inc
- Producer: Diane England
- 96 x 30 minutes January to December 2016 / Télé-Québec and April 2016 to March 2017 / TFO
- Interactive components production: Geneviève Provost
- Producer’s website: www.zone3.ca
- Program’s website: www.subitotexto.telequebec.tv
The daily teen show Subito texto follows the scintillating twists and turns in the lives of a band of friends trying to survive high school. They pursue pet projects, face challenges and overcome obstacles as they negotiate the ups and downs of high school existence.
This season, Subito texto’s digital add-on will transport audiences into the world of the show in a totally new way. A new online platform, La Bande passante, will be created featuring daily content created by the show’s characters and a participatory component to which audiences will be able to contribute.
- Urbania Studios de création Inc
- Producer: Raphaelle Huysmans
- 25 x 90 minutes / ARTV
- Interactive components production: Urbania Studios de création Inc
- Producer’s website: urbania.media
- Program’s website: cestjustedelatv.artv.ca
Live on Friday night, Marie-Soleil Michon and her sidekicks Anne-Marie Withenshaw and Dave Ouellet talk television with knowledgeable and opinionated guests. Together, they take a critical look at the best and the worst on TV.
A new accompanying web platform with responsive design includes a weekly webcast in which critics discuss and analyze Web videos. The site is updated daily with discoveries, articles and interviews about television and Internet culture and trends. Finally, a second-screen experience incorporates the audience’s responses to the show’s content.
- 9067-2841 Québec Inc
- Producer: Luc Wiseman
- 56 x 30 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production: 9067-2841 Québec Inc
- Producer’s website: www.avanticinevideo.com
- Program’s website: tva.canoe.ca/emissions/pimentfort
Nearly 15 years after the popular show left the air, Piment Fort is back with the same format: a daily comedy show in which three guests play entertaining and humorous games.
The digital component lets users vote live for their favourite performer, earn rewards for their comments on social media, and access exclusive content.