- Idéacom international inc. (co-producer France : CC&C)
- Producers: Canada : Josette D. Normandeau (exec.), Eric Michel (exec.), Jacques Nadeau (exec.) and Josée Roberge / France : Louis Vaudeville (exec.) and Pascale Ysebaert
- 4 x 52 minutes / TV5 Québec Canada, France Télévisions (France 2)
- Interactive components production: Josette D. Normandeau (Canada -Zénith ABC inc.) and Louis Vaudeville (France)
- Producer’s website: www.facebook.com/ideacominternational et www.cccprod.com
- Program’s website: www.facebook.com/ApocalypselaPremiereGuerreMondiale
A sweeping chronicle based on 400 hours of never-before-seen, colorized footage, Apocalypse World War I takes the audience into the belly of the war, onto the battlefield and into the daily lives of the civilians behind the lines, letting viewers see and feel how a bygone world was plunged into apocalypse.
The multiplatform component consists of an interactive drama that combines illustrations, animation and documentary footage. Ten stories pull users into the Great War as they follow the intersecting paths of characters experiencing the war in their personal lives, characters who are manipulated by history but also act on it.
- PVP Projet Jar Dwellers inc. (Groupe PVP inc.)
- Producers: François Trudel, Peter Viska and Angelica Lopez
- 52 X 11 minutes / SRC
- Interactive components production: François Trudel, Vincent Leroux and Sam De Champlain
- Producer’s website: www.pvp.ca
- Program’s website: soscreatures.radio-canada.ca
An animation series starring the Jar Dwellers, three creatures unknown to humans who were unearthed by Albert Derwent in the farthest reaches of the globe 170 years ago. When children discover their hiding place under the Bateman Academy, they decide to release them into the light of day.
In the interactive component, players discover the origins of the Jar Dwellers through a role game in which they encounter strange creatures, solve problems, find clues and try to attract them using a variety of inventive methods.
- Productions La Voix inc. (in collaboration with Productions J.)
- Producers: Julie Snyder, Marianik Giffard and Benoit Clermont
- 13 X 90 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production: Olivier Benoit, TVA Interactif, Groupe PVP (Volet TVI)
- Producer’s website: www.productionsj.com
- Program’s website: www.lavoix.ca
La Voix is the Québec adaptation of The Voice, the reality talent contest that has taken the world by storm. The judges select the contestants in blind auditions – that is, without seeing them, based only on their voices. The contestants improve steadily throughout the series as they are coached by the judges and compete against each other.
To help find the best voice and build buzz, the TV show is accompanied by a digital platform and a narrative approach based on transmedia writing.
- Productions Images I inc. (Attraction Images)
- Producer: Josée Vallée
- 10 X 60 minutes / SRC
- Interactive components production: Productions Images I inc., Turbulent Médias
- Producer’s website: www.attractionimages.ca
- Program’s website: www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/dans_l_oeil_du_dragon/2011-2012/
Dans l’œil du dragon (the Québec adaptation of Dragons’ Den) is the TV series that makes starting a business fun and entertaining. Entrepreneurs present their ideas and inventions to five multimillionaires, the “dragons.” They must convince at least one of them to invest a specific amount in their project.
A simultaneous multiplatform experience using a “second screen” app is available on iOS and the Web. Viewers can bet on the candidates in real time during the show and guess which dragons will invest in each project.
- TVA Productions inc.
- Producer: Dominique Joly
- 50 x 30 minutes / TVA
- Interactive components production: TVA Interactif, Groupe PVP inc. (Volet TVI)
- Producer’s website: www.groupetva.ca
- Program’s website: tva.canoe.ca/emissions/faitesmoiconfiance
A new TV game show featuring fun contests in which two contestants chosen from the audience must convince the audience to bet on them in tests of intellectual and physical skill. The tone ranges from light-hearted to dramatic.
Audience members can win if they go with the right contestant. The game and the brand go beyond the TV screen with a digital platform for the Web, ITV, mobile and social networks.
- Communications Swan inc.
- Producers: Marie-Carole Noël (Producer) and Jean-Carl Jorrizo (Executive Producer)
- 2 x 60 minutes / Télé-Québec and Canal Savoir
- Interactive components production: Geneviève S. Lévesque
- Producer’s website: www.swanprod.tv
- Program’s website: lesgrandsmoyens.telequebec.tv
Bernard Derome talks to major figures from the worlds of industry, commerce and finance in order to shatter the taboo surrounding wealth in our society and elicit their thoughts about the social, environmental and economic issues of the present and the future.
A website containing a wealth of information and opinions will offer visitors exclusive complementary content and videos about the topics dealt with in each episode. Web 2.0 tools let users invite their friends and acquaintances and compare notes.
- 9266-9753 Québec inc. (Triplex Films Inc., Jimmy Lee Inc., Groupe Média Upside Up Inc.)
- Producers: Bruno Ménard, Josette Gauthier and Richard Jean-Baptiste
- 2 x 60 minutes et 1 x 90 minutes / Movie Central (Corus Entertainment), The Movie Central (Astral Media)
- Interactive components production: 9266-9753 Québec inc. (in collaboration with Sid Lee inc.)
- Producer’s website: www.jimmylee.tv; www.upsideup.ca; www.imdb.com/company/co0141251;
- Program’s website: thednaofgsp.com
The action-packed life story of Georges St-Pierre (GSP), the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) World Welterweight Champion, yields a powerful mini-series about one of the most high-profile athletes in the world.
The documentary mini-series is accompanied by an interactive multimedia component that will tap into the huge pool of interested viewers (GSP has more than 3 million Facebook fans and the UFC has 13 million) and convert them into influencers of the general public.
- Kenyacom inc. (Les Productions Kenya inc.)
- Producer: Manon Thivierge
- 10 X 60 minutes / TVA and Moi & cie (Groupe TVA)
- Interactive components production: TVA Interactif, Groupe PVP inc. (Volet TVI))
- Producer’s website: www.productionskenya.com; www.tva.canoe.ca
- Program’s website: tv.moietcie.ca/series/leparcours/emission
A reality TV show in which overweight men and women try to lose pounds. During the 10-episode season, participants go through demanding exercises and training regimes that constantly push them past their limits as they fight to make it to the very end.
The transmedia project has TV, ITV, Web and social media versions designed to help the candidates as well as users who want to change their habits and adopt a healthier, fitter lifestyle.