Convergent Production Support
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant’s main activity must be the production of audiovisual programming. Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their sector of activities;
- The applicant must demonstrate good financial standing and relevant experience to produce the project outlined in the application;
- The applicant must file a project whose first broadcasting date is later than the deadline for filing the application;
- The project must comprise the production of quality content programs for television to be broadcast by a CRTC-recognized Canadian PU.
Projects must include the following main components:
- The production of a multi-platform component using platforms such as Internet, VOD, mobile devices, and/or other digital platforms;
- The project must provide the public with long-term quality content, information and continued interest;
- The Fund gives preference to projects that have also obtained one or more licences for several distribution platforms;
- Programs created with the help of Quebecor Fund, irrespective of its distribution platform, must be captioned in compliance with quality standards stated in CRTC’s Broadcasting Regulatory Policy and provide described video when the duration of said program is five minutes or longer. The programming categories which must provide described video are as follows: 2b) Long-form documentaries, 7) Drama and Comedy, 9) Variety, 11a) General entertainment and human interest, 11b) Reality television and/or comprising shows aimed at preschool-age children (0–5 years old) or children (6–12 years old);
- The Fund requires that all accepted projects be set up with a traffic measuring tool by the producer. The producer will therefore have to create a success-measuring tool for its production to provide, for instance, statistics for each broadcasting window;
- The production’s website must remain accessible for a minimum of three (3) years from the first broadcast of the television program. The producer is responsible for the quality and proper functioning of the website at all times.