Convergent Production Support
Component Summary Table
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant’s main activity must be the production of audiovisual programming.
- The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their sector of activities.
Projects must include the following aspects:
- The production of quality content programs for television distributed by a CRTC-recognized Canadian PU, in French, English and or Aboriginal languages;
- The applicant must file a project whose first broadcasting date is later than the deadline for filing the application;
- The production of a multi-platform component using platforms such as Internet, VOD, mobile devices, and/or other digital platforms;
- Programs created with the help of Quebecor Fund, irrespective of its distribution platform, must be captioned in compliance with quality standards stated in CRTC’s Broadcasting Regulatory Policy and provide described video when the duration of said program is five minutes or longer. The programming categories which must provide described video are as follows: 2b) Long-form documentaries, 7) Drama and Comedy, 9) Variety, 11a) General entertainment and human interest, 11b) Reality television and/or comprising shows aimed at preschool-age children (0–5 years old) or children (6–12 years old).
Financial Contribution and Recovery Terms
- The maximum contribution for each admissible project is $300,000;
- The financial assistance may or may not be refundable, and is a supplement to internet broadcasting rights and rights paid by a PU;
- The contribution will not exceed 35% of the total budget;
- The PU’s distribution licence must be equivalent to at least 15% of the project’s total budget (television and multi-platform component);
- Recovery terms, when required, will be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
Application Filing Deadlines
October 1 and April 1 each calendar year, or the next business day, at 4:00 PM.