Applicants must satisfy the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- The applicant’s main activities must include event and/or film production. The Quebecor Fund will give priority to producers with significant experience in their respective sector of activities;
- The applicant will have to demonstrate good financial standings and relevant experience to produce the project outlined in the application;
- In the case of a request for financial assistance for a film production, both the producer and the distributer must submit the application. The producer must have produced a minimum of two (2) feature films. The distributor must be recognised by Telefilm Canada.
Event production component
- The project must include the production of a French language Canadian television program featuring an event with a distribution licence issued by a Canadian PU recognised by the CRTC. The distribution licence must represent a minimum of 15% of the project’s total budget;
- The project must have a paid commitment to:
a) video on demand (VOD) for television broadcast and/or;
b) pay-per-view television (PPV);
- The applicant must file an application that will only be picked-up after the confirmation of Quebecor Fund’s participation. Moreover, financing must be complete prior to signing the agreement.
Film production component
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 90% of its financing budget and, preferably, have had the financial participation of SODEC and/or TELEFILM;
- The project must include the following components:
1. the production of a French language Canadian feature film with an issued distribution licence and a broadcasting licence by a French language Canadian PU recognised by the CRTC;
2. an interactive marketing plan;
3. a production budget of over $1,500,000;
The application must be submitted during the development or pre-production stage and before signing any formal agreements with institutions such as SODEC or TELEFILM Canada.
Interactive marketing assistance
- Eligible expenses for interactive marketing strategies must be additional expenses (that is, not initially foreseen in the distributor’s marketing strategy and/or filed under Telefilm Canada or SODEC programs);
- Aside from encouraging revenue from ticket sales (box office), the program will promote marketing strategies that support initiatives such as visibility of a feature film after its theatrical release (e.g. for Video on demand promotion) or film promotion in foreign markets (e.g. an independent production "the making of").