Financial contribution and recovery terms – MPAP
The maximum contribution from Quebecor Fund for each eligible project is $300,000, subject to the following elements and specific to each component.
Convergent Production Component:
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution to eligible projects consists in financial assistance, refundable or not, and is a supplement to Internet broadcasting rights and the rights paid by a PU in order to broadcast the production;
- The rights paid by a PU for the broadcasting of a given production mustbe equivalent to at least 15% of the project’s total budget, including the budget for the television component and the multiplatform component using platforms such as VOD and/or mobile terminals, with high-speed Internet mandatory (hereafter collectively referred to as the “combined budget”);
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution will not exceed 35% of the combined budget;
- Recovery terms, where required, will be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
Developing Television Formats and Concepts Component:
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution will not exceed 75% of the direct costs for adapting or developing the television format/concept. Direct costs are expenses related to the content and/or the production of a pilot;
- Producers fees are excluded from expenses;
- The Quebecor Fund’s contribution is refundable up to 100% on the first day of filming or on the format’s sale date, as appropriate. Recovery terms are specific to each project.