Spring 2013 Round
Projects selected in the Spring of 2013:
- Television Production : PR3 Médias inc.
- Event Production : PR3 Médias inc.
- Producteurs télévisuels : Richard Samson, Bruno Dubé, Louis Trépanier
- Broadcaster(s) : V Interactions Inc., Bell Express Vu
Chorale is a mega-event that will kick off the Festival d'été de Québec in 2013. Iconic Québec singers and a 500-person choir will perform on the largest stage in Canada.
Céline : une seule fois
- Television Production : Productions Une seule fois inc.
- Event Production : Québécomm Diffusion 2013 inc.
- Television Producer : Benoit Clermont, Julie Snyder and Sylvain Parent-Bédard
- Broadcaster(s) : Groupe TVA inc.
Céline Dion comes home on July 27 to perform her greatest hits before 60,000 fans. The one-time, world exclusive concert will take place on the legendary Plains of Abraham.
La Gang des hors-la-loi
- Distribution : K-Films Amérique and Films 2.0 inc.
- Production : Productions La Fête inc.
- Producer(s) : Rock Demers, Chantal Lafleur, Clarence Leblanc, François Savoie
- Director : Jean Beaudry
- Scriptwriters : Lance Woolaver, André Melançon, Jean Beaudry
- Web Site and Web Page: http://www.kfilmsamerique.com/micro-site/gang/index.php ; https://www.facebook.com/lagangdeshorslaloi
The latest installment of the Tales for All series follows 12-year-old Nicolas, who lives with his mother and sister in a fishing village. His father died at sea two years ago. His grandfather Jérémie has not recovered from his grief. Whenever they’re not in school, Nicolas and his friends can be seen on the village baseball diamond. Until the morning when they find it has been turned into the town’s garbage dump. The kids decide to fight back and pick Nicolas as their leader. Jérémie joins the resistance. Nicolas will learn leadership the hard way.
Un monde truqué
- Distribution (Canada) : Métropole Films Distribution inc.
- Production (Canada) : Kaïbou Production UMT inc.
- Coproduction (France) : Je suis bien content
- Producer(s) : Marc Jousset, Brice Garnier
- Directors : Christian Desmares, Franck Ekinci
- Scriptwriters : Benjamin Legrand, Franck Ekinci, Jacques Tardi
Un monde truqué is an animation that springs from the world of graphic novelist Jacques Tardi. In 1940s France, scientists are mysteriously disappearing, depriving humanity of breakthrough inventions. Avril is searching for her parents, scientists who have gone missing. She is accompanied by her talking cat Darwin, her grandfather Pops, and Julius, a young thief and police informer. Together, the foursome will encounter danger and mystery in a world where things are not as they seem.
Les Maîtres du suspens (Working title : Ghost(s))
- Distribution : Les Films Séville inc.
- Production : Item 7 inc.
- Producer(s) : Pierre Even, Marie-Claude Poulin
- Director and scriptwriter : Stéphane Lapointe
- Web Site or Web Page : https://www.facebook.com/Lesmaitresdususpense
Successful author Jacques Wolfe hasn’t written a line in 10 years. His whole life is a lie; a ghost writer has been producing the novels that bear his name. Then the ghost writer’s world collapses and he loses the ability to write. Jacques turns to a new assistant, the tender-hearted Antoine. The encounter between the three men will change their lives. Their individual quests – and the influence of three women – take them to a troubling world at the farthest reaches of America, with no familiar signposts.
Henri Henri (Working title : Le Relampeur)
- Distribution : Les Films Christal s.e.c.
- Production : Christal Films Productions inc.
- Producer(s) : Christian Larouche, Caroline Héroux
- Director and scriptwriter: Martin Talbot
Le Relampeur, produced by Christian Larouche and starring Victor Andrés Trelles Turgeon, is the first fictional feature from writer-director Martin Talbot. The movie tells the story of Henri, who devotes himself to bringing light to the lives of others. But he himself cannot escape the darkness. An innocent at heart, Henri strives to bring lonesome souls such as himself out of the shadows in the hope of becoming somebody in the eyes of others. Henri’s real talent is rekindling extinguished spirits.
- Distribution : Les Films Équinoxe inc.
- Production : Max Films inc.
- Producer(s) : Félize Frappier, Roger Frappier
- Director and scriptwriter : Mathieu Denis
Corbo is set in Montréal in the spring of 1966. Québec is in turmoil. Jean Corbo, 16, an idealistic teenager born to a Québécoise mother and a father of Italian origin, is torn between two identities. After becoming friends with two far-left activists, he joins an underground organization dedicated to sparking a socialist revolution in Québec through acts of violence. It is called the FLQ. Jean’s fate is now out of his hands.