Spring 2012 Round
Projects selected in the Spring of 2012:
Gala Hommage 30e
- Television Production : Juste pour rire TV inc.
- Event Production : Production Juste pour rire II inc. and Festival Juste pour rire
- Producteurs télévisuels : Gilbert Rozon, Andy Nulman, Sylvie Arbour, Nicolas Boucher
- Broadcaster(s) : TVA (Groupe TVA Inc.), Indigo and Illico (Vidéotron s.e.n.c.)
The “Hommage 30e” gala promises to be one of the highlights of this year’s Just for Laughs Festival. The event will celebrate the Festival’s 30th birthday with a retrospective on three decades of comedy. The show will be broadcast live on Canal Indigo and then rebroadcast on illico and finally TVA.
Les Stars chantent Noël 2012
- Television Production : Productions Select TV inc.
- Event Production : Musicor Spectacles
- Television Producer : Pierre Marchand
- Broadcaster(s) : TVA (Groupe TVA inc.), Illico and Indigo (Vidéotron s.e.n.c.), Bell Express Vu inc.
Following up on the phenomenal success of last year’s marquee tour, Les Stars chantent Noël 2012 will tour the most beautiful churches in Québec and Ontario with a new cast of artists performing everyone’s favourite Christmas songs.
- Distribution : Les Films Christal s.e.c.
- Production : Christal Films Productions inc.
- Producer(s) : Christian Larouche
- Director : Daniel Roby
- Scriptwriter : Sylvain Guy
- Web Site or Web Page : http://www.louiscyr-lefilm.com/
Louis Cyr – L’homme le plus fort du monde (Louis Cyr, the strongest man in the world), produced by Christian Larouche, written by Sylvain Guy and directed by Daniel Roby, stars Antoine Bertrand as Louis Cyr and Guillaume Cyr as Horace Barré. Born into a working class family that had emigrated to the U.S., Louis Cyr decides one day to seek fame and fortune by trying to become the world’s strongest man.
- Distribution : TVA Films inc.
- Production : Max Films inc.
- Producer(s) : Felize Frappier, Roger Frappier
- Director : Mathieu Roy
- Scriptwriter : Mathieu Roy and Michael Ramsey
- Site Web : http://www.lautremaison-lefilm.com/
L’Autre maison (the other house) is about Henri Bernard, an 86-year-old man with Alzheimer’s. Every day, he escapes from his home to search for a more “comfortable” abode. His two sons, war reporter Gabriel and aspiring fighter pilot Éric, must re-establish their relationship with their father to help him find the elusive place he seeks. Written by Mathieu Roy and Michael Ramsey, directed by Mathieu Roy.
Le Règne de la beauté (working title : Deux nuits)
- Distribution : Alliance Vivafilm inc.
- Production : Cinémaginaire inc.
- Producer(s) : Denise Robert and Daniel Louis
- Director and scriptwriter : Denys Arcand
In Denys Arcand’s latest film, Luc, a brilliant young architect trying to make his mark, leads a contented life with his wife Stéphanie in Québec’s beautiful La Malbaie region. During a business trip to Toronto he meets Lindsay, a schemer with whom he spends two nights.
- Distribution : Les Films Séville inc.
- Production : Orange Médias inc.
- Producer(s) : Marc-André Lavoie and Esther Long
- Director and scriptwriter : Marc-André Lavoie
- Web Site or Web Page : https://www.facebook.com/hotdog.lefilm
Mistakenly believing that his business partners want him out, Paul decides to sabotage production at the company. When he realizes he had the wrong idea, he scrambles to make things right but it’s too late. A comic series of misunderstandings ensues. A dramatic comedy written, directed and produced by Marc-Andrée Lavoie, with Esther Long.